Estuary Housing Association works throughout Essex, three East London Boroughs and into Suffolk, with over 4,400 homes in management, and a Homes England/GLA backed development programme.
We are recruiting Non-Executive Board Members, to join the Estuary Housing Association Board of Management.
Applicants for the positions will need to demonstrate:
- commitment to high standards in governance
- strong leadership qualities
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- a passion for excellent service delivery
- a willingness to undertake any relevant training
- a track record of strategic leadership in respect of residential development
- strong commercial skills
- an excellent understanding of the non-executive role
- empathy with our mission and values
We are particularly keen to attract those who can demonstrate key skills and experience gained within a property management (repairs & maintenance) and development environment. Familiarity with the social housing/housing association sector would also be an advantage. We are also seeking to address a gender and diversity imbalance and we welcome applications from BME communities and female applicants.
These posts will require a commitment to attend at least six Board meetings per year at our head office in Southend-on-Sea, a Board away day and, potentially, other committee or subsidiary meetings.
For an informal discussion, please contact Paul Durkin, Chief Executive, on 01702 445203; or George Kieffer, Chair, on 07785 277661.
For further details on how to apply and an information pack, please scroll down to download the documents at the bottom of this page. Alternatively, please contact our 24-hour recruitment line on 01702 463268 or via email to email@example.com.
Closing date: 19.10.18
Interview date: 08.11.18
Safeguarding & Recruitment
Estuary is committed to safeguarding and practices safer recruitment standards and expects all staff to share the commitment to safeguarding children and people with care and support needs. The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Equality & Diversity
At Estuary Housing Association we are committed to embedding equality and diversity at the heart of our work. We aim to be an inclusive organisation, where individual differences are respected, where staff, people who use services, as well as their families and carers, are treated with dignity and on the basis of their merits, abilities and needs, and where everyone has a fair opportunity to fulfil their potential without suffering discrimination or disadvantage.
- Recruitment & Retention Policy
- Application letter - Board Members
- Candidate Privacy Notice
- Annual Report 2017
- Governance Structure Chart
- Governance, Financial Viability and Value for Money Self Assessment 2017
- Board Member Role Description & Person Specification
- Board Members - Declaration / Equality & Diversity Form
- Board Members - Advertisement